Terminology servers - Service Navigation and Status
Links to NHS England Terminology service tools and endpoints
NHS England Terminology Service
Full details of the NHS England Terminology service can be found on the service page
No known service issues.
Authoring Tool Access
The Authoring Tool is comprised of Snapper:Author and Snapper:Map components. To access both components follow the links below.
Snapper:Author enables the creation and maintenance of the FHIR® terminology resources: CodeSystem, ValueSet, and ConceptMap.
Snapper:Map streamlines ConceptMap authoring and maintenance
- Launch Authoring Tool - Authoring Server - Use the authoring tool to author content
- Launch Authoring Tool - Analytic Production Server - Use the authoring tool to explore and access content
- API Endpoints - Authoring Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/authoring/fhir
- API Endpoints - Analytic Production Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/production1/fhir
- API Endpoints - Clinical Production Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/production2/fhir
- Access Token URL: https://ontology.nhs.uk/authorisation/auth/realms/nhs-digital-terminology/protocol/openid-connect/token
- auth URL: https://ontology.nhs.uk/authorisation/auth/realms/nhs-digital-terminology/protocol/openid-connect/auth
A reasonable use rate limit of 5000 requests per 5 minute period is applied to the API. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a use case that exceeds this limit.
The Clinical Production Server is only accessible with specific agreement from NHS England - contact email@example.com to request access.
Terminology Browsing Tools
Useful tools for browsing terminology resources.
- NHS England Terminology Browsers and Tools
- NHS England SNOMED CT Browser
- NHS England Classifications Browser (You are advised to use this browser for ICD10 and OPCS4
- NHS Data Model and Dictionary for England
- Launch Shrimp Browser - Authoring Server (Not recommended for browsing ICD10 or OPCS4)
- Launch Shrimp Browser - Analytic Production Server (Not recommended for browsing ICD10 or OPCS4)