Terminology servers - Service Navigation and Status
Links to NHS Digital Terminology service tools and endpoints
NHS Digital Terminology Service
Full details of the NHS Digital Terminology service can be found on the service page
The service has been migrated successfully and is in full operation - hypercare support will be in place until the 25th of October.
Authoring Tool Access
The Authoring Tool is comprised of Snapper:Author and Snapper:Map components. To access both components follow the links below.
Snapper:Author enables the creation and maintenance of the FHIR® terminology resources: CodeSystem, ValueSet, and ConceptMap.
Snapper:Map streamlines ConceptMap authoring and maintenance
- Launch Authoring Tool - Authoring Server - Use the authoring tool to author content
- Launch Authoring Tool - Analytic Production Server - Use the authoring tool to explore and access content
- API Endpoints - Authoring Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/authoring/fhir
- API Endpoints - Analytic Production Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/production1/fhir
- API Endpoints - Clinical Production Server (FHIR®): https://ontology.nhs.uk/production2/fhir
- Access Token URL: https://ontology.nhs.uk/authorisation/auth/realms/nhs-digital-terminology/protocol/openid-connect/token
- auth URL: https://ontology.nhs.uk/authorisation/auth/realms/nhs-digital-terminology/protocol/openid-connect/auth
The Clinical Production Server is only accessible with specific agreement from NHS Digital - contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
Terminology Browsing Tools
Useful tools for browsing terminology resources.
- NHS Digital Terminology Browsers and Tools
- NHS Digital SNOMED CT Browser
- NHS Digital Classifications Browser (You are advised to use this browser for ICD10 and OPCS4
- NHS Data Model and Dictionary for England
- Launch Shrimp Browser - Authoring Server (Not recommended for browsing ICD10 or OPCS4)
- Launch Shrimp Browser - Analytic Production Server (Not recommended for browsing ICD10 or OPCS4)